Employees were recognized for outstanding service to students and to the university
Oregon Institute of Technology honored its own on September 19th during the annual convocation of faculty and staff prior to the start of the 2017-18 academic year. Employees were recognized for outstanding service to students and to the university and each awardee received a check for either $500 or $1,000 from the Oregon Tech Foundation; some even received a free parking pass and dedicated parking spot on campus.
Awards presented this year include:
- Student Affairs Most Valuable Partner Award: Chris Cook, Grounds Supervisor for Facilities Services
- Foundation Faculty Achievement Awards: Dr. Mark Neupert, Professor of Anthropology, and Dr. Matthew Sleep, Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
- Foundation Excellence in Teaching Awards: Dr. Burt Clark, Professor of Biology-Health Sciences, and Dr. Matthew Sleep, Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
- Oregon Tech Rising Faculty Scholar Award: Dr. Yasha Rohwer, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, with honorable mention given to Dr. Eklas Hossain, Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering & Renewable Energy
- Alumni Engagement Awards: Rachel Winters, Executive Assistant of Student Affairs, and Sharon Beaudry, Assistant Professor of Management
- Classified Staff Award: Pat Kile, Instrument Tech 2 in Civil Engineering
- President’s Staff Award: Dana Onorato, Associate Dean of Student Services
Each awardee was selected through nomination letters which outline their commitment to the university and their dedication to making a difference in the lives of students, which adds significantly to the vitality of Oregon Tech.