What you want, when you want it, how you want it delivered!
Every business is unique. Needs vary wildly according to a whole array of circumstances. Oregon Tech understands this so we offer programs in a variety of formats so you get just what you need - nothing you don't. We're agile so your business can be, too.
We've listed three examples of models here, but if you don't see exactly what you have in mind, give us a call. We'll work with you directly to develop the best structure possible for your unique mission.
Examples of Short Courses
Model 1 Short Courses - Condensed curriculum
- Sessions are offered in a shortened timeframe at the appropriate site.
- Components may be converted into 4-hour or 8-hour blocks.
- Delivery may be scheduled on weekends, during one or more full days during the week, or in special afternoon or evening sessions.
- The delivery model usually includes presentation/demonstration, lecture and lab or team project.
- Oregon Tech can provide faculty and program direction.
- Oregon Tech can provide facilities, labs and applied learning experiences.
- Each component will have set learning objectives and measurable outcomes.
- Optimal class size is 10 - 20 students.
- Oregon Tech can provide individual student credit that can apply toward a degree now, or in the future.
- All fees and costs are negotiated.
Model 2 Workshops and Professional Development Seminars
- Oregon Tech can provide approved curriculum packaged into small modules, or a partial course of study.
- The model usually allows for larger classes.
- Workshops may be offered as one, two or three-day packages.
- Individual workshops and seminars are generally non-credit, but could apply for credit when multiple workshops add up to a full credit course requirements.
Model 3-On-site degree completion or professional development program
- Enroll an entire cohort of employees in a certificate or degree program
The selected program of course may be offered entirely on-site or may be a hybrid model.
- Employers have a choice of enrolled or non-enrolled students; credit or non-credit; pass / no pass or grades.
- Classes may be offered 1 or 2 nights per week; 1 or 2 courses at a time.
For more information about Contract Training and Education, contact Lita Colligan, Associate Vice President, at 503-821-1247 or firstname.lastname@example.org