About Our Program
|Degrees offered within the clinical sleep health program... |
|Associate Degree ||Certificate |
Non-physician health care providers play an important role in successful disease management, community support, and the standard of care and education provided to sleep patients and their families. This program provides training and education to aid in the care and management of patients with sleep disorders, primarily sleep apnea.
Students gain knowledge of sleep abnormalities and learn to evaluate treatment plans to provide quality long-term patient care for adult, geriatric, pediatric, and infant populations. Graduates may use the certificate to meet requirements for job competencies, promotions, salary increases, or other considerations. Graduates are prepared to develop and implement education programs for patients and families, as well as outreach programs for the larger community.
Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the new CCSH examination, available through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) provided all requirements are met.
Students may also want to consider the Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management.
Who is Eligible?
Applicants to this program must:
- Meet Oregon Tech’s admission criteria.
- Have current employment working with sleep patients.
- Hold an associate or higher degree. (Required for certificate applicants only.)*
- Hold one of the following credentials:
- Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)
- Respiratory Therapist (RRT, CRT)
- Neurodiagnostic Technologist (REEGT, CLTM)
- Health Educator (CHES)
- Nurse (RN, LPN, MSN)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Physician (MD, DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Dentist (DDS)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in health, counseling, science
*To sit for the CCSH exam, the BRPT requires an associate (or higher) degree.
- For applicants who do not have a degree, we offer an associate of applied science (AAS) program. You should enroll in the AAS program if you don’t already hold a degree.
- For applicants who already have a degree, we offer a certificate program. However, you may enroll in the associate degree program even if you already hold a degree.
Residents of the following states are not eligible for this program:
It may be possible in the future to allow students from these states to be admitted. Please contact us if you have questions regarding this restriction or are interested in an online program at Oregon Tech but reside in one of these states. Contact by email or phone: email@example.com
, 866-497-0008, or 541-885-1175.