About Our Program
Non-physician health care providers play an important role in successful disease management, community support, and the standard of care and education provided to sleep patients and their families. This program provides training and education to aid in the care and management of patients with sleep disorders, primarily sleep apnea.
Students gain knowledge of sleep abnormalities and learn to evaluate treatment plans to provide quality long-term patient care for adult, geriatric, pediatric, and infant populations. Graduates may use the certificate to meet requirements for job competencies, promotions, salary increases, or other considerations. Graduates are prepared to develop and implement education programs for patients and families, as well as outreach programs for the larger community.
The CSH Program Director, Dr. Jane Perri, sits on the national committee that developed the Certification in Clinical Sleep Health (CCSH). The committee requested that Oregon Tech develop the first CSH academic program, now available online nationwide. Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the new CCSH examination, available through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT).
Students may also want to consider the Associate of Applied Science in Sleep Health or the Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management.
Who is Eligible?
Applicants to this program must:
- Meet Oregon Tech’s admission criteria.
- Work with sleep patients in your current employment.
- Hold one of the following credentials:
- Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)
- Respiratory Therapist (RRT, CRT)
- Neurodiagnostic Technologist (REEGT, CLTM)
- Health Educator (CHES)
- Nurse (RN, LPN, MSN)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Physician (MD, DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Dentist (DDS)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in health, counseling, science
To sit for the CCSH exam, you must have an associate (or higher) degree.
- For applicants who do not have a degree, we offer an associate of applied science (AAS) program.You should enroll in the AAS program if you don’t already hold a degree.
- For applicants who already have a degree, we offer a certificate program.However, you may enroll in the associate degree program even if you already hold a degree.
Residents of the following states are not eligible for this program:
- New Mexico
- North Carolina