You can access your Oregon Tech Blackboard classes on your mobile device by downloading the app from your app store. The mobile app will work on any Android device, BlackBerry, iPhone or iPad. Here are the steps to set up the app:
- Go the the app store on your iPhone, iPad, Android device, or BlackBerry device. Search for "Blackboard Mobile Learn." Install the app on your device.
- Open the app and a search box will be displayed. Type "Oregon Institute of Technology" in the box. It will display the school's name before you even finish typing the name. Click the school's name to select it.
- A credentials box will display. Type your username and password (your username is your: firstname.lastname). Click the "Continue" button.
- You will see your list of classes. Click the name of one of them to open the class.
- Explore your classes to see what type of information is available in each class and how it displays. Note that not all material will be viewable on your mobile device. Do NOT rely only on your mobile device for accessing your Blackboard class. You will only want to use it for checking in. You will need a full computer to use with Blackboard on a daily basis.
offers another mobile app for students called Bb Student. It is their newest offering. You can install it on your mobile device also if you like. It opens to a page labeled "Stream." Click the icon in the top left corner to select "Courses" from the list. Then you can select a course to open.
You can also use any browser you have installed on your mobile device to log into Blackboard the same way as if you were on a full sized computer. Mobile browsers aren't supported by Blackboard though so some things may not work on them that would work on a regular computer.
Warning to Students: If the term hasn't started, you will not see your classes yet. Just like the full version of Blackboard, you will have access to your classes on the first day of the term.
** Some class material may not be accessible on your mobile device. Do not rely only on your mobile device to access your Blackboard class. You will need a full computer to participate in your Blackboard class.
** Do NOT take tests using a mobile device. Some tests will not even open on a mobile device. Some tests have detailed images that would be impossible to view on a small mobile device. Even if you were successful in opening a test on your mobile device, a wireless connection is more likely to drop in the middle of a test and kick you out. You should always use a computer that is physically plugged into an internet connection for the most reliable service. Even a laptop should be plugged in rather than using a wireless internet connection.
** Oregon Tech does not provide technical support for setting up or troubleshooting the Blackboard Learn Mobile app on your mobile device. We will ensure that the mobile program is working on our end, but each person is responsible for configuring their device. Oregon Tech does not guarantee that the app will indeed work with all of the above devices.