Mechanical Engineering Technology Career Opportunities
Continuing Education: 7%
Average Graduate Salary: $51,000
Employers That Have Hired Oregon Tech Mechanical Engineers
- Black & Veatch
- Lockhead Martin Corp.
- Novellus Systems, Inc.
- Portland General Electric
- Tucker Sno-Cat Corp.
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor, median annual earnings of mechanical engineers were $66,320 in 2004.
- According to a 2003 salary survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, bachelors degree candidates in mechanical engineering received starting offers averaging $48,585.
- The average starting salary for Oregon Tech mechanical engineering technology graduates over the past five years is $49,100.
- Employers who hired Oregon Tech MET graduates in 2003 include Alcatel, The Boeing Co., Electro Scientific Industries, GE Transportation Systems, GE Power Systems, Intel, JELD-WEN, Johnson Controls, The Lancair Co., LSI Logic Corp., McKinstry, Motionmaster, Novellus Systems, Sandia National Labs and Trane Oregon.