Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Oregon Tech Bachelor of Science program in Echocardiography provides students with the knowledge, clinical skills, values and behaviors to become competent cardiac sonographers.
The program prepares students to utilize diagnostic techniques, sound judgment and good decision making to provide patient services.
The program communicates the importance of becoming credentialed in the profession of echocardiography.
The program prepares students who think critically, communicate effectively and exemplify professional ethics.
The program conveys the importance of becoming lifelong learners and responsible citizens.
Expected Student Learning Outcomes
The student will:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and visual forms.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in teams.
- Demonstrate an ability to provide basic patient care and comfort.
- Employ professional judgment, discretion and ethics.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of human gross anatomy, sectional anatomy, and normal and abnormal cardiovascular anatomy.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular physiology, pathology, and pathophysiology.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular physical principles and instrumentation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of clinical echocardiographic diagnostic procedures and testing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of diverse cultural and humanistic traditions in the global society.
The curriculum map for the Echocardiography program can be found on the program's web page on the Oregon Tech web site.
Summary of Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2011-12 academic year, the program faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the attached annual report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.