July 14, 1947 - Under the direction of Winston
Purvine, the first classes were held in a deactivated World War II
Marine Corps hospital three miles northeast of Klamath Falls.
1951 - KTEC radio went on the air.
Associates degree programs in the Surveying and Structural Engineering
Technologies were first accredited by the Engineers Council for
1956 - KOTI television opened on campus.
The institute was made a separate division of the State Board of
Education and an engineering study was begun to determine whether to
repair or rebuild the facilities.
1960 - The institute was transferred to the jurisdiction of the State Board of Higher Education.
1962 - The institute was accredited by the Northwest Association of Secondary and Higher Schools.
1964 - The campus moved to newly constructed buildings on a geothermal site overlooking Upper Klamath Lake.
1966 - The institute received authorization to grant bachelors degrees.
1970 - Bachelors degree programs first accredited by ABET.
1975 - Geo-Heat Center established.
1976 - Kenneth Light appointed President upon Purvines retirement.
1983 - Larry Blake appointed President and the Metro Center was established in Portland.
1984 - Small Business Development Center established.
1988 - Portland Metro Center moved to its first permanent facilities on Southeast Harmony Road near Clackamas Town Center.
1989 - State Board authorized Oregon Tech to grant masters degrees.
1991 - Lawrence J. Wolf appointed President.
1995 - Masters degree first offered.
1998 - Martha Anne Dow appointed President.
2008 - Christopher G. Maples appointed President.
2012 - Wilsonville Campus opens.