Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Oregon Tech recommends that all students apply for financial aid. The form is very easy to use and free. Even if you only qualify for a student loan to help fund your education, this is where you start.
New FAFSA applications come out every year on January 1st. To be eligible to receive the most aid, it is recommended to file your FAFSA as soon after January 1st as possible.
Remember, you must file for financial aid annually.
FAFSA on the WEB: www.fafsa.ed.gov/
Make sure you have a PIN Number for yourself and/or parents www.pin.ed.gov
Tips for Filing
- FAFSA is FREE, don't pay for it.
- Make sure you list Oregon Tech (003211) as a school choice.
- Use estimated information if you and/or your parents have not yet filed your federal taxes in order to make the priority deadline.
- Remember to double check all of your information before submitting to avoid mistakes and delay.
- Remember to electronically sign your FAFSA with your/and your parents PIN number or print the signature page. If you are filing as a dependent, your parents must complete the signature page also. The CPS won't process your FAFSA without the necessary signatures.
- Make sure you get the conformation screen with a confirmation number—this should be the last thing you see before you log off. If you don't see this information, the CPS does not have your FAFSA!
- Make sure you have a copy of the confirmation number and DRN.