When transferring to another institution, it is important to understand that a student’s financial award is not directly transferable to other schools. Each institution may award a student different amounts and types of aid, determined by student eligibility, cost of attendance, and availability of funds from the school. Contact the school’s financial aid office with any questions.
Transferring To Oregon Tech:
- Apply for admission at Oregon Tech as a degree seeking student.
- Add Oregon Institute of Technology to your financial aid application (FAFSA) by adding our school code (003211) online at www.fafsa.gov or by calling the FAFSA processor at 1-800-433-3243.
- Contact your current school's financial aid office and cancel any financial aid for subsequent terms. Students cannot receive aid at more than one school at a time so it is critical that this process occur.
- Once your FAFSA has been received you will receive an award notification, or a request for additional information from the Oregon Tech Financial Aid office via mail or email.
- Turn in any information that is requested by Oregon Tech.
- Accept your financial aid award on your Web for Student Account.
Transferring From Oregon Tech:
- Add the new school you are planning to attend to financial aid application (FAFSA) by adding the school code online or by calling the FAFSA processor at 1-800-433-3243.
- Notify the Oregon Tech Financial Aid office you will not be attending subsequent terms, and request that we cancel any remaining financial aid award. We will also send any remaining outside scholarship funds back to the agency. It will be your responsibility to tell the scholarship agency your new school.
- Contact your new school's financial aid office to see what their procedures are regarding transferring.