Oregon Tech Student Veterans
We are here to assist you in transitioning from military life to student life! Here are the recommended steps to utilize your VA benefit as efficiently as possible:
- Review the VA website and determine which educational benefits (programs/chapter) you are eligible for.
- Get admitted to Oregon Tech. Note: you may only receive VA benefits for two terms without being fully-admitted to Oregon Tech (i.e. a non-admit student).
- Complete VONAPP application or download an application and bring your completed form to the Oregon Tech Registrar's Office.
- Submit three forms to the Registrar: Certificate of Eligibility (sent via mail after VA application has been processed), Rights and Responsibilities Form, and the Veterans Certification Form (submitted each term before classes begin).
- If you are transferring from another institution, please send all transcripts to Oregon Tech--to include your Joint Services Transcript.
- Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 students must verify enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment, WAVE. This generates your VA payment.
- Notify Yuko or Anne of any changes to your major or class schedule (adds, drops, withdrawal etc.).
Note: Check your Oregon Tech email regularly as this is our official means of communication. Remember-VA will only pay for courses that apply to your specific Oregon Tech program!
The Oregon Tech Student Veterans Program offers a Veteran's Lounge, located at the Klamath Falls campus in the College Union. The lounge provides a relaxing atmosphere and is staffed with office personnel that are well versed in most VA benefit programs including: education, disabilities, and online VA form guidance. Other lounge amenities include:
- Opportunity to connect with other student veterans
- Network computers and printers
- Private study stations