Veteran Students Information

Oregon Tech Student Veterans

VeteransWe are here to assist you in transitioning from military life to student life. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our VA certifying officials: Yuko Johnson for Klamath Falls or Anne Malinowski for Wilsonville (see contact information on this page).

  1. Review the VA website and determine which educational benefits (programs/chapter) you are eligible for.
  2. Get admitted to Oregon Tech. Note: you may only receive VA benefits for two terms without being fully-admitted to Oregon Tech (i.e. a non-admit student).
  3. Complete VONAPP application or download an application and bring your completed form to the Oregon Tech Registrar's Office.
  4. Submit three forms to the Registrar: Certificate of Eligibility (sent via mail after VA application has been processed), Rights and Responsibilities Form, and the Veterans Certification Form (submitted each term before classes begin).

  • Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 students must verify enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment, WAVE. This generates your VA payment.
  • Notify Yuko of any changes to your major or class schedule (adds, drops, withdrawal etc.).

Note: Check your Oregon Tech email regularly as this is our official means of communication. Remember-VA will only pay for courses that apply to your specific Oregon Tech program!

Get Involved on Campus

  • Oregon Tech Student Veterans Program members are dedicated to satisfying the needs of any veteran of the Oregon Tech community during and after their time as a student, staff, or faculty
  • Outstanding Student Veteran Award annually recognizes a student veteran who has been involved on campus or in the local community, and has helped make a positive difference for students who are veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces
  • Veteran Action Committee meets every other month to bring ideas together on how to best serve our student veteran population on campus
  • Iron Owl Challenge is an annual physical/mental challenge with some events held at the Klamath Falls campus

Military Accolades:
yellow ribbonTop Veteran-Friendly Schools
by US Veterans Magazine

GI Jobs- Military Friendly Schools
by Military Times

Military-Friendly Colleges & Universities
by Military Advanced Education (MAE)

Veterans Lounge

The Oregon Tech Student Veterans Program offers a Veteran's Lounge, located at the Klamath Falls campus in the College Union. The lounge provides a relaxing atmosphere and is staffed with office personnel that are well versed in most VA benefit programs including: education, disabilities, and online VA form guidance. Other lounge amenities include:
  • Opportunity to connect with other student veterans
  • Network computers and printers
  • Private study stations