The Department of Computer Systems Engineering Technology offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Embedded Systems Engineering Technology
(ESET) designed to build and enhance student's knowledge and skills in this high demand field. Embedded systems play an important role in society. They are the products that contain computing capabilities which are found throughout a wide spectrum of applications.
Examples of embedded systems can be found in areas ranging from the entertainment industry to office systems; health care to telecommunications. Embedded systems encompass such diverse products as interactive multimedia, printers, medical equipment, avionics equipment, kitchen appliances, mobile phones, and automotive engine management units. Engineering and technological challenges abound in the design and development of such innovative products due to the high level integration of hardware and software.
As they become more complex and time to market shrinks there is increasing need for skill and creativity on the part of the Embedded System Engineering Technology graduate.
If you want to:
- Develop skills in design and implementation of firmware for embedded systems,
- Expand knowledge and apply new ideas in practical design,
- Gain hands-on experience in embedded system design,
- Bridge the gap between software and hardware design,
- Enhance your career opportunities in a variety of high demand areas of industrial applications,
then the embedded systems engineering technology program is the place for you.