When: Thursday, June 2, 2016, 5:00-7:00 PM Where: Oregon Tech Wilsonville Campus Contact: Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen
The Student Project Symposium is an event intended to showcase the type of projects that students conduct during their studies at the Oregon Institute of Technology.
The event is held annually towards the end of Spring term, and it provides an opportunity for students from the different programs to share their work, as well as get to see other projects.
The Symposium includes project posters, demonstrations, and a few selected oral presentations. Students, faculty, family members, employers, educational and industrial partners, as well as other members of the public are invited to attend.
|4:00-5:00 PM ||Wilsonville Chamber of Commerce VIP Industry Partner Reception |
|5:00-7:00 PM ||Poster and demonstration session (Rooms 120, 122, 124, 125) |
|6:00-7:00 PM ||Award winning oral presentations |
** Food and refreshments in Room 106.
Students from all programs are welcome to participate. Some programs may require participation in the Symposium as part of the Capstone Project for their program.
Students will be provided with vertical space to display their poster, as well as horizontal space project prototypes, demos, or similar displays. Additional requirements (e.g., access to a power outlet) must be requested in advance.
Students planning to participate in the Symposium must follow the two steps below:
- Send an e-mail to your faculty advisor or Program Director no later than April 11, 2015 with the following information:
- - Project title
- - Student(s) involved, and program(s) they will be representing
- - Brief description of your project
- - Any special requirements for project poser/demo setup
Three or four projects will be selected by the awards committee for oral presentations. Finalists will be announced on May 11th.
- Submit a poster (using the poster template provided) via e-mail to Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen (email@example.com) no later than May 16, 2016. Your poster will be printed for FREE and conveniently setup for you at the Symposium.
Student participants who have not submitted their posters by May 16 must print their poster at their own cost (typical printing costs are approximately $20) and hand it to Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen at the Oregon Tech Wilsonville library no later than May 27th, 2016.