Oregon Tech welcomes international students as applicants and as vital members of our campus community.
We are certified to admit F-1 visa applicants to a variety of international and exchange programs. With multiple campus locations, Oregon Tech offers international students a world-class educational experience and a choice of locations and delivery methods:
International students of Oregon Tech who plan to concurrently enroll in other schools should review the terms for Concurrent Enrollment.
Choosing a Major
Most majors at Oregon Tech allow direct admission into the program. Students who meet admission requirements will be offered admission directly into the major, and they will pursue their four-year undergraduate degree without further application processes.
The majors listed below require a secondary application process for program admission after the student completes pre-requisite courses and other requirements. Students are first offered general admission into the pre-major while they complete their pre-requisites and other requirements. They will then be eligible to apply to the program through application processes specified by each program. There is no guarantee of admission into the major, and most programs are highly competitive. Some have limited capacity based on the number of available clinical sites.
Applying for Admission
Oregon Tech makes international admission decisions only after the student provides a complete application. We may offer an informal review copies of transcripts and other documents in order to advise international students about their major or to help determine whether they will be freshman or transfer students, but we must have a complete application to offer admission. We make conditional offers for admission when the only missing application item is proof of English language proficiency.
| Fall term entry: ||May 1 |
| Winter term entry: ||September 1 |
| Spring term entry: ||December 1 |
| Summer term entry: ||April 1 |
How to Apply
Complete and submit the International Student Undergraduate Application Form. You must print a copy and mail the completed and signed original to Oregon Tech Admissions along with the Statement of Financial Responsibility (pages 5-6). This document includes your signature and the signature(s) to verify your ability to pay for tuition and living expenses during your enrollment at Oregon Tech. Oregon Tech does not currently offer financial aid or scholarships to international students, so this is part of your responsibility as an F-1 visa recipient. Mail the application form and a $50 (US) application fee to: Oregon Tech International Admissions 3201 Campus Dr. Klamath Falls, OR 97601-8801
Completing Your Application
In addition to the International Student Undergraduate Application Form, your application must also include:
- Official transcripts in the original language of your institution.
- Translations of your transcripts into English (if necessary) and into U.S. standards on a course-by-course basis.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
Official transcripts must be mailed from the issuing institution to: Oregon Tech Admissions 3201 Campus Dr. Klamath Falls OR 97601
About Academic Transcripts
Oregon Tech requires official academic transcripts of your academic history in the original language of your college or university.
An official document is:
- Provided by the college or university where you completed your degree or course work
- Received by Oregon Tech Admissions in a sealed envelope mailed directly from the issuing institution
- Issued in the original language of the institution
An official document is NOT:
- An email attachment from your or a family member
- A photocopy of a document in your possession
- A document that you deliver or mail in an unsealed envelope
- A translation of a document
- A document authorized by an official notary or government office
If your country issues only one official copy and you have the copy in your possession, mail a photocopy of the original to the issuing institution and request to have it attested. The institution should indicate by signature or an official seal that this is an accurate representation of your academic history and it should be mailed directly to Oregon Tech by the institution.
About Transcript Translation & Evaluation
Transcripts issued in languages other than English must be translated into English by a transcript evaluation service. Transcripts must also be translated into U.S. standards by the evaluation service. Oregon Tech accepts transcript evaluations from the following services:
English Language Proficiency
Oregon Tech does not currently offer an English language proficiency program, and international applicants must first complete their ESL program at another institution. Oregon Tech requires proof of English language proficiency and accepts the following:
- TOEFL (www.toefl.org): Minimum score of 520 paper-based, 190 computer-based, or 68 Internet-based
- IELTS (www.ielts.org): Minimum score of 6
- Completion of a Level 112 course at an ESL Language Center or grade B or better in WR 121 from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university
- ACT or SAT test scores are not required for international admissions, however students may choose to take either test as justification to waive TOEFL or IELTS
Undergraduate students who are academically prepared for college and who do not yet have a sufficient TOEFL or IELTS score may be conditionally admitted to Oregon Institute of Technology. Oregon Tech will provide a letter of conditional admission for students who require conditional admission for financial support from a government sponsor, however sufficient TOEFL or IELTS scores must be provided to Oregon Tech before an I-20 will be issued.