Why Enroll in the Dual Credit program?
Students who enroll in the Dual Credit Program are getting an opportunity to earn college credit at a fraction of the cost without leaving their high school.
Dual credit is valuable for many reasons:
- Get a head start on college courses.
- Build a college identity.
- Receive transfer credit.
- Potentially save time to degree.
Requirements vary based on the class and credit being offered at the high school. Your high school teacher will advise the class on eligibility and prerequisite requirements for each course. Oregon Tech works closely with high school teachers to know eligibility requirements for each course.
Examples of Eligibility Requirements:
- Current a high school student and at least 14 years of age.
- Not yet graduated from high school.
- Pass a placement test for Math courses and Writing courses.
- Meet course prerequisites (if any) for the course.
To begin the registration process, please follow the instructions via the resource link titled Application, Registration, and Payment Instructions on this page.
Learn more about how dual credit can jump start your college career. This video was filmed with current students in Oregon who were pursuing different accelerated credit options in the state.
Video Guides on Registration
Creating an Application
Academic Level Error
Tuition Payment Tutorial