Blue Zones Project is a community-wide well-being improvement initiative to help make healthy choices easier for Oregonians. The Wellness Committee is tasked with:
- Identifying strategies that will improve the well-being and total comprehensive fitness (physical, mental, social, and spiritual) of all Oregon Tech employees.
- Establishing, monitoring, and reporting wellness outcomes for the Klamath Falls campus.
- Improving campus awareness of available Blue Zone resources.
- Removing barriers to wellness in the workplace while creating an atmosphere that is supportive of employee health and wellness.
The Oregon Tech Blue Zones Committee has coordinated 4 Blue Zones Parking Spots around campus to encourage employees to park their vehicle further away from their office for the opportunity for extra walking. Remember to Move Naturally.
- 2 Parking Spots - Parking Lot A near the well
- 1 Parking Spot - Lot H near the north end
- 2 Parking Spots - Lot E near south end
News & Updates
May 9, 2018
Mills Elementary School
Oregon Tech Baseball and Mills Walking School Bus
Oregon Tech was recognized by the Klamath Falls Blue Zones Project for their support of the Mills Walking School Bus event.
May 31, 2017
Oregon Tech Klamath Falls Campus
Oregon Tech is a Blue Zones Approved Worksite
It’s official: Oregon Tech is now the 14th work site in Klamath Falls approved by the Blue Zones Project, and the first university with the distinction on the West Coast, according to officials.
Sky Lakes Medical Center CEO Paul Stewart, also an Oregon Tech Trustee, held the ribbon in place as Tech President Nagi Naganathan helped make the approval official.
Oregon Tech’s wellness team was behind the process leading up to the approval of the work site. Group members led a “Hootie Loop” walking the perimeter of the campus following the event.
“We all know healthier people are happier people,” said Naganathan. “I think it is good for all of us to subscribe to this.
The Blue Zones Project
Blue Zones at Oregon Tech
Oregon Tech Moai
Klamath Falls, Oregon
For More Information
To learn more about how you can get involved on campus, please contact a member of Oregon Tech's Blue Zones Wellness Committee.
Blue Zones Wellness Committee Chair:
Blue Zones Wellness Committee Members: