Home | College Costs | Financial Aid | Awards | Consortium Agreement | Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a consortium agreement?

A consortium agreement is necessary only if you are taking classes at Oregon Tech and another school during the same term and want the financial aid office at Oregon Tech to consider those classes to count toward your overall course load for financial aid purposes.

What classes can I take at another school that will count?

Generally, classes that count are 100 level or higher and are required-for your degree. However, if you are placed in remedial coursework (math or writing courses lower that 100 level) we may be able to count these, classes.

What exactly is a consortium agreement?

Federal regulations state that a student cannot receive financial aid from two schools at the same time. So, the school that you will receive financial aid from (your degree granting institution) is the "home" institution, and the school that you are taking the other class from is the "host" institution. The host institution must verify that they are not giving you financial aid for the class that you are taking with them so we can.

How do I complete this form?

Simply complete the first four blank lines on the page, and then complete the student section at the bottom. Attach a copy of your registration from the host school and have your Oregon Tech academic counselor sign the form. Take the form to your host school, and they will return it to us when they have completed their section.

What else will I need to do?

It is your responsibility to provide our office with your grade report from your host school within 30 days after the end of the term. Your financial aid will not be released for future terms unless we have proof that you have successfully completed your coursework.