- Ph.D. (Monash), Australia
- MEngSc (Monash), Australia
- BE (Bandung), Indonesia
Dr. Pasang received his Ph.D. from Monash University, Australia in 2001. He spent a number of years as Research Engineer at the Indonesian Aircraft Industry. He worked as Senior Consultant at the PSB Corp, Singapore in 2001-2004 before moving to New Zealand. His research area covers various aspects of materials and manufacturing especially welding, metal forming, machining, biomaterials and metal additive manufacturing. He was the Head of Department of Mechanical Engineering at Auckland University of Technology - AUT (2012-2020), and also the Director - Engineering Research Institute (ERI: 2016-2020), Auckland - New Zealand.
Prof. Pasang was a Loewy Visiting Professor at the Materials Science and Engineering Department, Lehigh University between 2010 and 2015; Visiting Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Akita University Japan between 2009 to 2019, and also Honorary Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering/Institute of Mechatronic Engineering at National Taipei University of Technology (NTUT) - Taipei, Taiwan since 2019. Prof. Pasang was a recipient of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellow in 2013.
Selected Journal Publications
- J.C. Wang, T. Pasang, Manuel Ruilova, L.H.A. Pasang, C.P Jiang, K. Edwards, N. V.d. Geest, and M. Protheroe, Truly hands-on 3D printing: a case study from Taiwan, accepted by Journal of Engineering Technology – to be published in Fall edition 2021
- A. Chamanfar, MF, Huang, T. Pasang, M. Tsukamoto and W. Misiolek, Microstructure and Mechanical properties of laser welded Ti-10V-2Fe-3Al (Ti1023) titanium alloy, Journal of Materials Research and Technology, Volume 9, Issue 4, July–August 2020, pp. 7721-7731
- Mona Aziziderouei, Zhan Chen, Timotius Pasang, Martyn Newby & Yuan Tao, Effect of Lack of Fusion Formed during Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion of Ti-6Al-4V Alloy on Impact Toughness, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance volume 29, pages 4978–4990 (2020)
- T. Pasang, A. Kirchner, U. Jehring, M. Aziziderouei, Y. Tao, C‑P. Jiang, J. C. Wang, I. S. Aisyah, Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Welded Additively Manufactured Stainless Steels SS316L, Metals and Materials International, Volume 25, Issue 5, pp 1278–1286, September 2019
- Timotius Pasang, Mona Aziziderouei, Yuan Tao, Dominique Ogletree, Gorja Stump, Yuji Sato, Masahiro Tsukamoto and Cho-Pei Jiang, “ Improvements in Welding Properties of Titanium Through the Use of Interlayers”, Journal of Metal, Volume 71, Issue 2, pp 697–702, The Minerals, Metals & Materials, February 2019
- Timotius Pasang, Stevin Snellius Pramana , Michael Kracum, Wojciech Zbigniew Misiolek , Mona Aziziderouei, Masami Mizutani and Osamu Kamiya, “ Characterisation of Intermetallic Phases in Fusion Welded Commercially Pure Titanium and Stainless Steel 304,” Metals 2018, 8, 863.
- Mahros Darsin, Timotius Pasang, Zhan Chen, Forces Perspective of Drillability of Titanium Alloy 6Al-2Sn-4Zr-6Mo, Journal of Energy, Mechanical, Material and Manufacturing Engineering Vol 3, No 1 (2018), DOI: https://doi.org/10.22219/jemmme.v3i1.5825
- K. Darvish, Z.W. Chen, M.A.L. Phan, T. Pasang, “Selective laser melting of Co-29Cr-6Mo alloy with laser power 180–360 W: Cellular growth, intercellular spacing and the related thermal condition”, Materials Characterisation 135 (2018) 183-191.
- C.J. Marvel, J.C. Sabol, T. Pasang, M. Watanabe, W.Z. Misiolek, “Improving the Mechanical Properties of the Fusion Zone in Electron Beam Welded Ti-5Al-5Mo-5V-3Cr Alloys”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, Volume, April 2017, pages 1921-1930
- T. Soysal, S. Kou, D. Tat and T. Pasang,”Macrosegregation in Dissimilar-Metal Fusion Welding”, Acta Materialia 110 (2016), pages 149-160
- A. Chamanfar, T. Pasang, A. Ventura, W.Z. Misiolek, “Mechanical Properties and Microstructure of Laser Welded Ti–6Al–2Sn–4Zr–2Mo (Ti6242) Titanium Alloy”, Materials Science & Engineering A 663 (2016), pages 213–224
- Razak, N. H., Chen, Z. W., & Pasang, T. (2016). Progression of tool deterioration and related cutting force during milling of 718Plus superalloy using cemented tungsten carbide tools. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, pages 1-14.
- J.C. Sabol, C.J. Marvel, M. Watanabe, T. Pasang, W.Z. Misiolek,”Confirmation of the ω-phase in electron beam welded Ti–5Al–5V–5Mo–3Cr by high-resolution scanning transmission electron microscopy: An initial investigation into its effects on embrittlement”, Scripta Materialia Volume 92, 1 December 2014, Pages 15–18
- Glenn J. Stephen, Timotius Pasang, Benjamin P. Withy, “The effect of pitting corrosion on split sleeve cold hole expanded, bare 7075-T651 aluminium alloy”, Journal of Manufacturing Processes 15 (2013) 115–120.
- R.J.H. Wanhill, N. Symonds, A. Merati, T. Pasang, S.P. Lynch, “Five helicopter accidents with evidence of material and/or design deficiencies”, Engineering Failure Analysis Journal, Volume 35, 15 December 2013, Pages 133-146.
- Timotius Pasang, Zhan Chen, Maziar Ramezani, Thomas Neitzert, Dominique Au,” The Effect of Heat Treatment Atmosphere on Hardening of Surface Region of H13 Tool Steel,” Journal of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, 2013, 1, 20-29
- J.C. Sabol, T. Pasang, W.Z. Misiolek, R.M. Mitchell, “Metallurgy and Localized Tensile Strain Distribution in Electron Beam Welded Ti-5Al-5V-5Mo-3Cr Titanium Alloy”, Journal of Materials Processing and Technology, 212 (2012) 2380 – 2385
- Matthew Philip Prygoski, Timotius Pasang, Steven R. Schmid, Antony J. Lozier, “High speed insertion of bone fracture fixation pins: A finite element penetration model with experimental comparisons”, J Mater Sci: Mater Med. 2011 Dec;22(12):2823-2832
- S.P. Lynch, B.C. Muddle, T. Pasang, "Ductile-to-Brittle Fracture Transitions in 8090 Al-Li Alloys", Acta Materialia vol. 49, pp. 2863-2874, (based on T. Pasang PhD. thesis), 2001
- S.P. Lynch, B. Hole, and T. Pasang, "Failure of Welded Titanium Aircraft Ducts", Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol 2, pp. 257-273, 1995.
Selected Conference Papers
- T. Pasang, Zainab Manasawala & Sreenidhi Roshinkumar, Investigations on welding characteristics of additively manufactured Ti6Al4V and SS316, Materials Science and Technology Conference (MS&T), Portland, Oregon, September 2019
- T. Pasang, Metal Additive Manufacturing, International Symposium of Additive Manufacturing and Microfabrication, National Taipei University of Technology, August 2019 (keynote speaker)
- T. Pasang, D. Ogletree, G. Stump, M. Tsukamoto and Y. Sato, “Improvements in welding properties through the use of interlayer”, Technological Innovations in Metals Engineering
(TIME 2018), Haifa, Israel, May 2018
- Tim PASANG, Yuan TAO, Mana AZIZI, Osamu KAMIYA, Masami MIZUTANI and Wojciech MISIOLEK,”Welding Characteristics of Titanium Alloys”, International Conference on Materials Engineering for Resources – ICMR 2017, Akita, Japan, October 2017 (keynote speaker)
- T. Pasang D. Tat, S. Kou and M. Ramezani, “Dissimilar Welding of Cu-Steel”, CanWeld 2016, 4-5 October 2016, Edmonton - Canada
- Timotius Pasang, Mamoru Takahashi, Daiki Shinohara, Patrick Conor, Kiyoshi Tanaka and Osamu Kamiya, “Machining of Metallic Biomaterials: Comparison between Co-Cr-Mo and Ti-Al-Nb Alloys, 26th European Conference on Biomaterials, 31 August – 3 September, 2014, Liverpool, UK.
- T. Pasang, Y. Tao, J.C. Sabol, W.Z. Misiolek, O. Kamiya and G. Kudo, “Welding Characteristics of a New Titanium Alloy for Aerospace Applications”, Proceedings - International Symposium on Green Manufacturing and Applications (ISGMA 2013), Hawaii, June 2013.
- Timotius Pasang, Joseph C. Sabol, Wojciech Z. Misiolek, Ryan Mitchell, Andrew B. Short, Guy Littlefair, "Metallurgy and Deformation of Electron Beam Welded Similar Titanium Alloys”, Proceedings of Manufacturing Engineering Society International Conference (MESIC), Cadiz – Spain, 2011
- T. Pasang, N. Symonds, S. Moutsos, R.J.H. Wanhill, and S.P. Lynch, “Low-energy Intergranular Fracture in Al-Li Alloys”, Proceedings of Engineering Failure Analysis IV Conference, Churchill College, Cambridge University, UK, 2010