Withdrawal and Tuition/Fee Credits
If you must withdraw from a class or classes, you may be eligible for a credit, but specific rules apply:
- You must withdraw during the refund period established by the Oregon Tech (see the schedule below on the right hand side).
- You must withdraw with the Registrar's Office one of the following ways:
- Through Web for Student (NOTE: This method is only available during the first week of each term)
- In person by submitting a Registration Form (Add/Drop/Audit/Withdrawal Form). The Registrar's Office is located in Snell Hall-Room 006 (Basement Level).
- Email to email@example.com.
- Your withdrawal date is the date the Registrar's Office receives your official notification; you are liable for tuition and fees for the class or classes until that date. Any monetary credit to your account that results from your withdrawal is calculated based on the date of receipt of the withdrawal, not from the date you stopped attending class or classes.
- Any tuition and/or fee credit must be applied to any debts owed to Oregon Tech or Financial Aid programs. The application of refunds to Financial Aid programs is a complex process governed by federal regulations. For questions regarding financial aid you may owe back related to Title IV Aid Recalculations due to Complete Official and Unofficial Withdrawals (Unofficial Withdrawals occur when a student receives Fs in all classes in a term), contact Faletha Fowler at Faletha.firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 541.885.1227.
Caution: If you withdraw completely from Oregon Tech and your financial aid has already disbursed to your student account and has been refunded to you through BankMobile, you may be required to repay some or all of that aid. If you fail to formally withdraw from Oregon Tech by notifying the Registrar's Office in person, via email, or through Web for Student (if this results in an Unofficial Withdrawal-f grade in all courses for the term), you may be required to repay some or all of your aid. If you are considering a complete withdrawal, it is critical that you discuss the implications of complete withdrawal with the Financial Aid Accountant (Faletha Fowler-see contact info above) before you do so.
- After the refund period, you are responsible for 100% of tuition and fees (see schedules for details).
- No credits are issued for dropped credits taken at the staff rates.
- Refunds for dropped courses are not processed through BankMobile until after the fourth week of the term. Credits for dropped courses are first applied to any remaining account charges and amounts due back to financial aid programs (if applicable), and only after such balances have been covered is any remaining credit due from dropped classes refunded to students through their BankMoblie refund preference. This procedure may take up to six (6) weeks after partial or complete withdrawal.
Students who feel their special circumstances warrant consideration may appeal the procedures defined above by filing an appeal. You must submit a Tuition and Fee Refund Appeal Form . Please submit appeals one of the following ways:
- Hand deliver a completed appeal form to the Cashier's Office which is located in Snell Hall-Room 116 on the Klamath Falls Oregon Tech campus.
- Email a completed appeal form to email@example.com.
- Mail to: Oregon Tech
Attn: Cashier's Office
3201 Campus Drive
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Please review the Tuition and Fees Refund Appeal Form for information regarding when an appeal form should or should not be submitted.
All students need to login to BankMobile and designate a refund preference (ACH Transfer to another bank, paper check, or BankMobile Vibe checking account) in order to prevent delays in receiving their refunds. Take a few minutes today to make sure your refund preference has been selected.
If you have not already received an envelope in the mail with a pin to login in to BankMobile, or have questions regarding setting up your refund preference, contact the Cashier's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 541.885.1202 for help.