Shipping and Receiving
In general, most of the freight received (UPS, Fed Ex) arrives before 10:30 AM at the Document Resource Center (DRC) and is delivered to the on-campus mailstops before 3:00 PM. If you are expecting a critical or large freight shipment please contact us (541-885-1660, Facilities Warehouse) ahead of time to schedule the delivery.
When purchasing from vendors or individuals please insist the contact person and campus location are included with the order to ensure timely and proper on-campus delivery. The DRC routinely receives packages with little to no contact information making it difficult to deliver in a timely manner.
To ship a package FED EX the Fed Ex Waybill must be completed. Package(s) must be received no later than 3:00 PM for the package to go out the next day.
To ship a package UPS affix a completed address label to the package and provide Receiving with an Index Code to assign shipping costs. UPS package(s) must be received no later than 9:00 AM for same day shipment. UPS ground service shipments vary in the length of time a delivery will take. If you know the zip code your packages originate from, try Transit Time to estimate when your package will arrive.
International shipments that are not documents need three copies of a commercial invoice for customs.
How to Address a Package
Please follow the following format for packages you wish to ship from Oregon Tech. Deliveries may be delayed if this format is not followed.
Oregon Institute of Technology
3201 Campus Dr.
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Your Phone Number
Name \ Company
Attn: John Doe
2121 Fur St.
Anywhere, State, Zip
- Incoming overnight/next day shipments may be delayed due to fog.
- If you are expecting a large shipment, please notify receiving, as warehouse space is limited.
- RA/RMA (return authorization numbers) do not mean that return shipping charges are paid for. These numbers are for the vendors use, so they will know why that package was sent back.
- Most shippers will not deliver to P.O. boxes. This includes UPS and Fed Ex.
- ALL parcel shipments are delivered to the DRC and large freight, or palletized shipments, come to Receiving (with the exceptions of Food Service & The Tech Nest) . Shippers will not pick-up and deliver at your site.