Insurance Conversion/Portability

Life Insurance

If your termination is not due to a disability or retirement, you may "port" your optional employee and spouse life coverages (not the Basic Life or dependent life policies). Porting allows you to continue the group term life coverages available through Standard Insurance Company at the same group rates plus a billing fee. Employee life must be ported in order to port the spouse life policy. Application must be made within 60 days of the date your coverage is lost under the active plan.

For more information, contact the Office of Human Resources at 541.885.1120.

Long Term Care Insurance

If you participate in the Long Term Care Insurance plan, you may elect converted coverage. This means that the same coverage you had while you were employed can be continued on a direct pay basis. You must request converted coverage within 31 days of the date your group coverage ends and pay premiums directly to UNUM. An Election for Conversion Coverage form will be sent to you by the Office of Human Resources upon termination.