Completion of a dual major in Systems Engineering & Technical Management is contingent upon finishing a primary major in an ABET accredited program.
The mission of the Dual Major in Systems Engineering and Technical Management is to equip graduates with the knowledge and skills to address complex multidisciplinary problems involving the design, modeling, analysis, and management of technological systems that employ a combination of devices, software, hardware, firmware, materials, and humans for such diverse purposes as communications, energy engineering, health care, transportation or manufacturing. The dual major curriculum provides engineering students with design viewpoints and methodologies that emphasize system integration, and with subject matter and tools for modeling and analysis especially appropriate for large complex systems including system theory, simulation, computational data analysis and statistics, and engineering management.
Program Educational Objectives
The SEM dual major requires students to complete an ABET-accredited engineering major as a primary major (e.g., BSEE, BSREE, etc). In addition to the Program Educational Objectives of the primary major, the additional Program Educational Objectives for the SEM program are:
- PEO1: Graduates of the program will excel as professionals in the various fields of engineering.
- PEO2: Graduates of the program will demonstrate an ability to apply systems thinking and systems engineering methods to the solution of complex problems involving one or more engineering disciplines.
- PEO3: Graduates of the program will demonstrate an ability to manage technical projects in multidisciplinary teams, and will excel in problem solving, and elective communication.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
The SEM dual major requires students to complete an ABET-accredited engineering major (e.g., BSEE, BSREE, etc.). In addition to the ABET-EAC (a) through (k) Student Outcomes (assessed in the primary major), students pursuing the dual major in SEM must meet two additional SEM specific Student Outcomes:
- an ability to apply systems engineering methods to practical problems involving one or more engineering disciplines
- knowledge and understanding of project management techniques and frameworks
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2016-17 academic year, the program faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the annual program report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.
Program Curriculum Map
The curriculum map for the Systems Engineering and Technical Management program can be found on the catalog web page on the Oregon Tech website, www.oit.edu/catalog.
Annual Program Assessment Reports
|2017-18 Systems Engineering and Technical Management Dual Major Assessment Report||PDF||76.21 KB||
|2016-17 Systems Engineering and Technical Management Dual Major Assessment Report||PDF||1.75 MB||
|2015-16 Systems Engineering and Technical Management Dual Major Assessment Report||PDF||371.84 KB||
|2014-15 Systems Engineering and Technical Management Dual Major Assessment Report ||PDF||112.95 KB||