September 14 - 15, 2015
Klamath Falls, Semon Hall
The first annual conference was hosted by the Commission on College Teaching and the Assessment Commission and provided faculty with a great professional development opportunity that supported student learning through collaboration with fellow Oregon Tech faculty. Faculty brought an assignment to develop further, and partook in great food, excellent conversation, and inspiring ideas.
The Faculty Development Pre-Convocation Workshop asked faculty if they wanted students to:
- Ask meaningful questions and use evidence to support conclusions?
- Produce and use quantitative information in many contexts?
- Understand and respond to the diverse perspectives of others?
- Welcome and Lunch catered by Nibbley's
- How Do We Know We're Talking About the Same Thing?: An Introduction to Norming
- Norming Session 1
Break & Refreshments
- Norming Session 2
- Debrief: What works in Rubrics? What Should Our Rubrics Look Like?
- Large Group Discussion and Looking Ahead to Day 2
- Sponsored Social at Biagio's
- Mingle & Breakfast Treats
- Small Group Discussion: How Do Assignment Prompts Affect Student Work?
- Introduction to Assignment Design
- Assignment Design Charrette: Workshopping Our Own Assignments in Mini Groups
Lunch catered by Thai Orchid
- Group Discussion: Some Ideas from Outside Oregon Tech
- Small Group Discussion on Scaffolding Learning Experiences: How Do We Build Up and Build Upon Students' Abilities From One Course to the Next?
Conference Planning Team and Presenters
- Seth Anthony
- Sandra Bailey
- Aja Bettencourt-McCarthy
- Sharon Beaudry
- Jim Hulse
- Veronica Koehn
- Kari Lundgren
- Hallie Neupert
- Kris Rosenberg
- Mehmet Vurkac