Oregon Senate today officially confirmed the appointment of 9 members of Oregon Tech’s new governing board
The Oregon Senate today officially confirmed the appointment of 9 members of Oregon Tech’s new governing board. Oregon Tech announced last month
the trustees appointed by Governor Kitzhaber as part of this historic change in higher education governance in Oregon.
With their official terms beginning immediately, the Trustees will assume governance of Oregon Tech on July 1, 2015 from the State Board of Higher Education, whose structure sunsets on June 30, 2015. University presidents, including Oregon Tech’s Chris Maples, serve as ex-officio members of the Board. Later this year the Governor is expected to appoint the remaining five members of the 15-member Oregon Tech Board of Trustees.
The 9 members who have been confirmed by the Oregon Senate include:
- Dr. Jeremy Brown, President, Portland Community College, Portland
- Melissa Ceron, Student, Business Management/Accounting, Oregon Tech, Klamath Falls
- Dr. Lisa Graham, CEO, Black Canyon Woodworks (who is currently serving a partial term on the State Board of Higher Education), Bend
- Dana Henry, Student Support Services, Oregon Tech, Klamath Falls (Non-Faculty Staff member)
- Kathleen Hill, Writer/Consultant and elected Member of the Klamath Tribal Council, Chiloquin
- Kelley Minty Morris, Klamath County Commissioner, Klamath Falls
- Celia Núñez, Agency Training Specialist, State Farm Insurance Company, Wilsonville
- Dr. Dan W. Peterson, Associate Professor of Communication, Oregon Tech, Klamath Falls (Faculty member)
- Dr. Steve Sliwa, Founder and CEO, Seeq, Portland and Seattle