Oregon Tech's Office of Strategic Partnerships assists Oregon Tech’s faculty at all locations to connect to industry partners and advisors to ensure that Oregon Tech’s courses integrate new technologies and are responsive to business needs for skilled professionals. Businesses throughout the Pacific Northwest, such as Intel, Pacific Power, Maxim, PCC Structurals, Oregon Cutting Systems, Jeld-Wen, and the Boeing Company, send their best and brightest to Oregon Tech for professional development so they can advance into engineering, technology and management positions within their companies.
Oregon Tech’s business partners participate on Industry Advisory Councils, support students through internships and sponsored student projects, teach as adjunct faculty, recruit graduates for jobs, donate labs and equipment, and sponsor applied research. Oregon Tech could not fully execute its mission without the engagement and support of industry partners. There are many opportunities to achieve mutual benefits.
Examples of Oregon Tech's Strategic Partnerships
Industry Association Partners
Oregon Tech is a member or partner with:
- Drive Oregon
- Manufacturing 21 Coalition
- Northwest Collaboratory for Sustainable Manufacturing
- Northwest High Performance Enterprise Consortium
- Oregon BEST (Built Environment & Sustainable Technology)
- Oregon Healthcare Workforce Institute
- Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- Oregon Solar Energy Industry Association
- Oregon Workforce Investment Board (and several local workforce boards)
- Pacific Northwest Defense Coalition
- Renewable Northwest Project
- Smart Grid Oregon
- and the Greater Portland, Klamath Falls, Tualatin, and Wilsonville Chambers of Commerce
Individual businesses or business associations that are interested in university-industry partnerships are encouraged to contact the Associate Vice President for Strategic Partnerships at 503.821.1247.