Mentoring through personalized text messaging can:
- give you someone to connect with,
- help you feel a part of Oregon Tech,
- help you to know someone is there if you need anything,
- and help you to know someone is rooting for you to do well!
Every question is a good one, so ask us!
What our students are saying:
"I love this program! I think every college should do this! It makes a new student feel connected from the very beginning!" ~Karen W.
"I want to thank you for being there for me this term. Even though we haven’t ‘met’ I am so glad I had someone to talk to through the craziness this term." ~Fawn G.
"This program kept me connected to everything the school was doing. This was my first term at OIT and I really appreciated the texting program. It helped a lot!" ~Anonymous
Have a Question?
Send us a TEXT!
We don't want you to start the term not knowing where to find someone and/or who to talk to. So, sign up for the Owl2Owl: Text to Success Program!
How to Participate
- If you're a returning student (not in the Advising program), you'll be texted by one of our mentors at the beginning of the term. Text STOP to opt out.
- We will contact you via text message about once per week during the term to see how you're doing and to inform you of any events happening
- Text us back with any questions or concerns
- Fill out a questionnaire at the end of the term