The T: Drive is part of our Distributed File System. This enables the previous version of files and folders to be stored on the server, ready for retrieval. The previous versions of files and folders are stored for a period of 30 days on the server.
Note: Oregon Tech has this option set to store the previous versions from the 1st to the 30th of every month. At the end of each month backups of the file server are processed and the previous versions for the last 30 days are no longer accessible to the user.
Follow the instructions below to access the Previous Versions option:
- Open Windows Explorer or My Computer.
- Find the file or folder you wish to restore (i.e. T:\Information Technology Services\Help Desk).
- Right Click on the file or folder and select Properties.
- The following window will appear. Click on the tab labeled Previous Versions.
- In the Previous Versions tab you will all the stored previous versions of the file or folders.
- Choose a previous date.
- At this point you can have three choices.
- Open (Open the folder or file to view the contents).
- Copy… (Copies the previous version file or folder to another location).
- Restore… (Overwrites the current version with the previous version).
- Choose your option.
- When you are done click OK to exit.