International Students

**All International Students must complete a health history/immunization and tuberculosis risk screening form and provide documented proof of at least one MMR vaccine, on file at the Student Health Center, prior to attending any classes (per OAR 333-050-0130).

Overview of U.S. Healthcare

Needing to learn more about the healthcare system in the United States?  Watch this quick six minute video for a brief overview and important tips to consider both before and after your move from home.

Immunization Requirements

Oregon Tech Integrated Student Health Center is required by law* to assure that all international students have completed the required medical forms prior to registration. Students attending the Klamath Falls campus must complete the "Health History and TB Screening Form" while students in Wilsonville must complete the "TB Screening Form". Both of these are available for download on this page. International students are required to show proof of at least 1 MMR and complete the TB Screening prior to registration.

Immunizations that are required are noted in bolded black lettering. Please be advised that failure to comply with the immunization requirements will result in a HOLD being placed on your account, which will prevent you from registering.

Required Immunizations

Every student entering Oregon Tech born on or after January 1, 1957 and taking at least 6 on campus credits must show documented proof of immunity to Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR). To satisfy this requirement, you must have:

  • Two documented doses of MMR vaccine on or after your first birthday and at least one month apart OR
  • Physician documentation of vaccinations OR
  • Lab test documenting immunity to Measles-Mumps-Rubella

TB Skin Test

Tuberculosis (TB) is a potentially serious infectious disease that primarily affects your lungs. TB is spread from person to person through tiny droplets released into the air. If you answered YES to any of the questions on the Tuberculosis Risk Screening Form (located for download on this page), you must be screened for TB (through either a skin test, blood-work, or chest x-ray).

Recommended Immunizations


Td is a tetanus-diphtheria vaccine given to adolescents and adults as a booster shot every 10 years, or after an exposure to tetanus under some circumstances. Tdap is similar to Td but also containing protection against pertussis. A single dose of Tdap is recommended for adolescents 11 or 12 years of age, or in place of one Td booster in older adolescents and adults age 19 through 64.


Consistent with the American College Health Association (ACHA) recommendations, the ISHC recommends that in-coming students discuss vaccination for meningitis with their medical provider, contact their local public health agency, or inquire at the ISCH. For more information on ACHA recommendation and general meningitis information:

Hepatitis A

A serious liver disease caused by the hepatitis a virus (HAV). HAV is usually spread by close personal contact. It can also be spread by eating food or drinking water containing HAV.

  • Two doses of the vaccine are needed for lasting protection. These doses should be given at least 6 months apart.

Hepatitis B

A serious liver infection caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). For some people, hepatitis B infection becomes chronic, leading to liver failure, liver cancer, or cirrhosis-a condition that causes permanent scarring of the liver.

  • Hepatitis B vaccine is usually given as a series of 3 or 4 shots. These doses gives long-term protection from HBV infection, possibly lifelong.

Hepatitis A/B

A combined vaccination usually given as a series of 3 or 4 shots.

How to locate immunization records

"Documentation" means you will need to provide a photocopy of the immunizations you have received along with the Health History Form. Your photocopied records should include your name, date of birth, the date the vaccine was given, and the clinic stamp or initials of the person who administered the immunization.

Do not send original immunization records!

You may be able to get these records from:

  • Your doctor's office or medical clinic
  • Your Public Health Department
  • Your personal immunization card (signed by clinic staff)
  • Your high school or previous college immunization records
  • Your high school transcript

To request your records from another school or physician, you must fill out a Authorization for Release of Information form, which we have available, if needed. 

The Integrated Student Health Center offers immunizations for those students who may be missing vaccinations.

Please call 541-885-1800 for more information.

If there is no documentation of your immunizations



Students may be exempted from the immunization requirements only if: 1) there is a documented medical condition preventing the immunization, or 2) the student has filed a Nonmedical Vaccine Exemption with ISHC. For medical exemptions, a signed statement from your health care provider is required; for your convenience, we have a form that your provider can complete on our Forms page (here). To file a Nonmedical Vaccine Exemption, the student must view the required Oregon Department of Public Health video (found here) and provided a signed Certificate of Completion to ISHC. 

Please be aware that students who are granted an exemption are likely to be prohibited from campus by the Department of Public Health in the event of an outbreak and may not receive a financial refund or additional time to make up any missed coursework. For more information, please call 541.885.1800.

*This requirement is mandated by: Oregon Revised Statute 433.282, OAR 333-050-0130.

Health Insurance Requirements

All international students and their accompanying dependents are required to have health insurance while enrolled at a public Oregon institution. As part of your immigration status as a J-1 Exchange visitor or a F-1 Student, the U.S. government has set minimum requirements for health insurance coverage.

The Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) offered through Oregon Tech is specifically designed to meet the needs of international students including visa requirements. You will see the insurance charge along with the Student Health fee (which is a separate fee paid by all students who are registered for 6 or more on-campus credits) on your bill each term.

File Downloads

Unable to view files? Click on the icon(s) below to download the free viewer for that type.


Brandy Hunter, Office Manager