The Advance Credit Program (ACP) is a partnership between Oregon Tech and a participating high school. If your high school offers ACP courses, then that means Oregon Tech has identified instructors at your school with advanced degrees and experience in their subject area, and has approved them for adjunct faculty status. These high school instructors partner with our faculty, to teach the same course at your high school that is offered on campus, for a fraction of the cost.
Enrolling in an ACP course is enrolling as a part-time Oregon Tech student. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded Oregon Tech college credit. Your earned grade becomes part of your permanent college record and is verified by an official Oregon Tech transcript.
ACP is unique in that it is truly a partnership between your high school and Oregon Tech and between your instructor and our faculty members.
High School Instructors & Administrators: Please see the attached Faculty Guide to clarify roles and responsibilities vital to the long-term success of this collaborative partnership, to articulate processes, to establish eligibility criteria, and to improve communication between the high school and Oregon Tech.
Students & Parents: Please see the attached Student Guide to review the opportunities and benefits available to you through the Advance Credit Program.
Students wishing to take advantage of Oregon Tech ACP must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Be classified as a high school student and at least 14 years of age.
- Not yet graduated from high school.
- Must pass a placement test for Math courses and Writing courses.
- Must have B's in all high school English for Writing courses only.
- Meet course prerequisites (if any) for the course.
Admission & Registration Process
The application for admission and registration is your official request to be a non-admit student in the Oregon Tech Advance Credit Program. In order for the admission and registration process to be complete the following must be submitted:
- The application form must be completed with the appropriate student and parental signatures. Tuition payment via cash or check must be attached to application form before submitted to the high school instructor. Please keep in mind due to the reduced tuition, there are no refunds.
- Your application and tuition are turned in to your high school instructor, who then sends a packet to the Oregon Tech ACP coordinator.
- The ACP coordinator processes your payment and registers you for the approved articulated course that you will receive Oregon Tech credit for through your high school. You will receive confirmation for your registration with an Oregon Tech student ID card sent back to your high school instructor.
ACP courses are taught at the participating high school by high school instructors. This sponsorship allows Oregon Tech to reduce the normal tuition fee by a considerable amount. Cost to the participating high school student is $25 a credit. Please keep in mind due to the reduced tuition, there are no refunds.