College Credit for a Fraction of the Cost
The High School Transition Program (HST) at Oregon Institute of Technology gives qualified high school students the opportunity to come to the Klamath Falls or Wilsonville campus and take a college course for Oregon Tech credit for a fraction of the cost. Students participating in HST must meet with the HST coordinator every term to ensure proper advisement and registration. Registration for Summer Term Begins May 5th!
Students wishing to enroll in HST courses must be classified as a high school student, at least 14 years of age and not yet graduated from high school. HST students are allowed a total of 8 credits per term. Courses permitted are 100 and 200-level courses (on-campus, online courses are not permitted). Physical education courses that are tied to intercollegiate sports are not available for registration by high school students.
Please note HST students are required to meet the prerequisite if one is listed under the class description. Placement testing is required for the registration of Math or Writing courses.
Please contact Testing Services to make an appointment to test:
Admission & Registration Process
The application for admission and registration is your official request to attend Oregon Institute of Technology as a non-admit student and register for course(s). In order for the admission and registration process to be complete the following must be submitted:
Application & Payment Instructions:
- The application must be completed.
- Tuition payment can be made via CASHNet®. Please keep in mind due to the reduced tuition, there are no refunds.
- Student is responsible for the cost of any lab fees, books, equipment fees, or other course-related materials.
- At the time you turn in your application and tuition to the HST coordinator you are registered. Students may obtain a print out from the Cashier's Office to present to the College Union Information Desk to receive an Oregon Tech student ID card.
- When you have completed your application, the Office of Academic Agreements will process it. Once processed, you will receive email communication with your respective student ID# and instructions on how to register.
- Registration instructions are also located under documents on this webpage.
If you have already enrolled in a course as an HST student, you need to meet with your advisor to get your Registration Pin to register online each term.
Grace Rusth - Klamath Falls Campus
Carleen Drago Starr
HST students attend class on campus with college students, but at a reduced tuition rate. Cost to the participating high school student is $25 a credit. Student is responsible for the cost of any books, lab fees, or equipment fees required for the course. Please keep in mind, due to the reduced tuition there are no refunds and payment is required at the time of registration.
For the purchase of books we recommend The Tech Nest located in the College Union:
Tuition waivers are available to high school students that are eligible for free/reduced lunches at their high school. If qualified, we waive the tuition fee for the course. A completed Grant Waiver Form is required with the student's application to waive tuition for the course. Please note, this does not include the cost of books equipment fees or lab fees attached to the course.
HST Student Quotes
"College courses at Oregon Tech is a hands-on environment." - Chelsea Walden
"Oregon Tech courses are interactive, all the students really want to be there." - Ellie Brain
"HST is a challenging and fun program." - Audrey Brain