Are you a Registered Sonographer looking to advance your career? Complete a Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography online via Oregon Institute of Technology.
Our online diagnostic medical sonography degree completion program offers you continuing education in your profession, advancement or new options in your career, and the bachelor's degree required for entry into master's degree programs. Many of our students go on to advanced degrees in business, education and more.
About the Sonography Program
The online Diagnostic Medical Sonography degree completion program integrates basic medical science with ultrasound courses and a general education core. You will begin the program with a foundation for degree completion built upon two sources:
- Credit you complete at another college and transfer to Oregon Tech
- Credit granted for professional registries
For example, 80 credits are granted for the ARDMS registry for individuals with both OB/GYN and Abdomen credentials. Once admitted to the online sonography program, our staff will conduct a transfer evaluation of your prior coursework to see which classes are applicable toward your bachelor’s degree. After the evaluation is complete, we will contact you with an advising guide showing your transfer credits, registry credits, and future classes needed for completion. You may view the curriculum, including courses granted for registry, under Course Requirements.
Who is Eligible?
- You must be a Registered Diagnostic Sonographer through the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in Abdomen and OB/GYN. Additional coursework will be required for individuals with only one of the credentials.
- You must be employed in and have access to a full-service, properly equipped laboratory to complete the clinical didactic courses and be eligible for clinical externship credit.
- You must meet the Oregon Tech admissions criteria. Special admissions arrangements are also available.
Oregon Institute of Technology is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. NWCCU is an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education and/or the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.