Oregon Tech may collect two types of Information from you when you visit the Site: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (collectively “Information”).
- “Personal Information” refers to data by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number.
- “Non-Personal Information” means data that is about you, but does not identify you specifically. If you do nothing during your visit to our Site but browse, read pages, or view content, we will gather and store Information about your visit that does not identify you personally.
We collect Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Through our communications with you.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site.
- Through Google Analytics.
- From our third-party payment platforms.
Information You Provide Directly to Oregon Tech. The Information that you provide us directly through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide to Oregon Tech by filling in forms on our Site, including through engaging in our application process. We may also ask you for Information when you report a problem with our Site. And it may be necessary for you to provide us with Information so we can communicate with you about an inquiry you have.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
Information Automatically Collected from You. The Information that Oregon Tech may automatically collect and store about you when you visit the Site may include:
- The Internet Protocol Address and domain name used. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet Protocol Address to direct Internet traffic to you.
- The type of browser and operating system you used;
- The date and time you visited the Site;
- The web pages or services you accessed at the Site;
- The website you visited prior to coming to the Site and the last page you visited before exiting the Site;
- Your search terms and search engines; and
- Cookies, which are small pieces of information stored on your computer that can uniquely identify your browser and may include other information about your visit to the Site. The cookie cannot be read by a website other than the one that set the cookie. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you can turn them off in your browser or set your browser to ask you before accepting new cookies. Note, however, that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Site and some websites may not work properly.
Google Analytics. Oregon Tech uses Google Analytics, a website traffic tracking and reporting service, on many of our web pages. This service helps us to better understand and improve the Sites' performance and user experience. We adhere to Google's data processing methods for this service, which prohibit the collection or association of Personal Information with web analytics. To learn how to opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features we use, please see Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with data, products, or services that you request from us. For example, when you provide your name and email address through our email link, we are able to use your email address to respond to your comment or question personally.
- To receive your donations.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To further our mission and to improve the services we provide.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To communicate with you regarding our products and services, including for marketing purposes.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the Information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We collect data in aggregate to analyze trends. This is standard practice for the Site and is not used for any purpose other than to evaluate how we can improve the Site’s function and design to best serve your needs. Logs of this information may be retained. We may also contract with non-Oregon Tech service providers to help us better understand website users.
Oregon Tech will retain your Information as long as Oregon Tech believes it is appropriate for the purposes of this Privacy Notice.
We have implemented security and technical measures designed to protect your Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the Internet is not completely secure. Although we are working to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information either in transmission or when stored. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Security and privacy may also be impacted by your use of the Site and by your adherence to safe computing practices. Use discretion when submitting Information online and when sharing Information with others. You may have a choice about whether to provide Personal Information directly online or using other options. For these other options, you may contact the Oregon Tech administrative unit responsible for the service to learn about available options.
We may use and disclose Non-Personal Information about our users without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To our affiliates, including third party payment facilitators.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support Oregon Tech, as described further below.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To ensure the personal safety of the Site users and the public.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Oregon Tech or others.
Oregon Tech does not sell any of your Information.
If you are located in the EEA, you may have certain rights under European law with respect to your Personal Information that are described below. The Site is not intended for users located in the EEA who are under the age of 16. If you are located in the EEA and are under the age of 16, do not use this Site.
Controller of Personal Information. Oregon Tech is the Controller of your Personal Information. Oregon Tech’s primary place of business is 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, Oregon 97601.
Processing. Oregon Tech may process your Personal Information on one or more of the following legal bases:
- as necessary to enter into a contract with you or a legal entity you represent, to perform our contractual obligations, to provide services, to respond to requests from you, or to provide support;
- where we have a legitimate interest, as described in this Privacy Notice (see “How Oregon Tech Uses Information It Collects About You and the Purposes for Collection and Use”);
- as necessary to comply with relevant law and legal obligations, including to respond to lawful requests and orders; or
- with your consent.
Your Rights. Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to:
- ask whether we hold Personal Information about you and request copies of such Personal Information and information about how it is processed;
- request that inaccurate Personal Information is corrected;
- request deletion of Personal Information that is no longer necessary for the purposes underlying the processing, processed based on withdrawn consent, or processed in non-compliance with applicable legal requirements;
- request us to restrict the processing of Personal Information where the processing is inappropriate;
- object to the processing of Personal Information;
- request portability of Personal Information that you have provided to us (which does not include information derived from the collected information), where the processing of such Personal Information is based on consent or a contract with you and is carried out by automated means; and
- lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authorities.
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection, and data portability by contacting us at the email address in section 14 below.
When you consent to our processing your Personal Information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
The categories of Personal Information that Oregon Tech collects are identified in Section 2, “The Types of Information That Oregon Tech Collects about You and How Oregon Tech Collects Information About You.” Additional information about how long Oregon Tech will retain your Information and how it shares your Information is found in Section 3, “How Oregon Tech Uses Information It Collects About You and the Purpose for the Collection and Use,” and Section 5, “When Oregon Tech Shares Your Information” above.
If you choose not to provide Information, you may be unable to access or use all portions of the Site. We send promotional and marketing communications only with your consent. If you no longer wish to receive these or other communications, you can stop these communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications.
Please report your concerns about collection or use of Personal Information available on the Site to the address below.