Apply as an International Degree-Seeking Graduate Student
Oregon Tech must assess the academic preparation of international students. For this purpose, international students, including those who hold US visas as student exchange visitors or other non-immigrant classifications, should apply early. Official transcripts must be on file at least eight weeks before registration for the first term and, if not written in English, must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
All international applicants from countries in which English is not the native language must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Since the results of this test constitute part of the material reviewed for admission to graduate studies at Oregon Tech, students should arrange to have the Educational Testing Service send their scores to the Office of Admissions well before the application deadline.
The following is an application checklist for degree-seeking international students:
- Submit the graduate application for admission with the $50 (US) application fee.
- Submit the international graduate student supplement to the graduate application form.
- Submit the Statement of Financial Responsibility form and all required documentation.
- Official academic transcripts of all university course work sent to Oregon Tech.
- For university course work done outside the USA, transcripts must be reviewed by an evaluation service. There are several such services that are acceptable and Oregon Tech often recommends World Education Services (www.wes.org). A "course-by-course evaluation" or a "detail report" is necessary.
- Proof of proficiency in the English language. Official test scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System exam (IELTS) are acceptable. A minimum score of 550 paper-based TOEFL, 213 computer-based TOEFL, 68 Internet-based TOEFL, or 6 IELTS is required for consideration. This requirement may be waived for some students whose primary language is English.
- Students currently in the United States should submit a photocopy of the I-20 form and passport.
Further information on international students admission may be found through the admissions office.