Oregon Tech does not currently offer an English language proficiency program, and international applicants must first complete their ESL program at another institution. Oregon Tech requires proof of English language proficiency and accepts the following:
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 520 paper-based, 190 computer-based, or 68 Internet-based. To have your scores sent to Oregon Tech use our institution code 4587.
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.
- Completion of a Level 112 course at an ESL Language Center
- Grade B or better in WR 121 from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
- ACT or SAT test scores are not required for international admissions, however students may choose to take either test as justification to waive TOEFL or IELTS.
How to send the English Language Proficiency Requirement?
- TOEFL and IELTS scores must be sent officially by the company. Please have them send the official scores to: Office of Admissions, OIT, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601
- WR 121 can be approved once we receive an official transcript from the U.S. college or university. Please have the university send the transcript to Office of Admissions, OIT, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601
- Official Level 112 course certificate must be sent by the organization the course is completed. Please have them send the certificate to: Office of Admissions, OIT, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601
- ACT/SAT test scores can be sent electronically by the company. Oregon Tech’s college codes are:
- Oregon Tech SAT code is: 4587
- Oregon Tech ACT code is: 3484
Students from Native English Speaking Countries
Students from the following countries do not need to provide proof of English proficiency:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Canada (except Quebec)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- St. Kitt & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent & Grenadines
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- U.S. Virgin Islands