Welcome to Oregon Institute of Technology, also known as Oregon Tech! We offer a wide range of engineering, technology, applied-science, and health-related majors that are rigorous and relevant. We are very proud of those things that make us a distinctive institution of higher education.
- With a student-to-faculty ratio of approximately 13:1, we can take the time to get to know you and make our own personal investment in your individual progression towards a degree.
- Our hands-on learning style, which is guided by a willingness to try, fail, learn, and try again, is one that encourages students to dream big and set high standards with measurable goals for themselves.
- Our faculty members, many with decades of experience in real-world settings, have inside knowledge of what industry needs as well as a keen understanding of underlying basic principles that will guide our graduates both to short-term successes in the workforce and long-term successes in their chosen professions, including advanced education.
A few quick facts about Oregon Tech bear testament to our overall reputation, as well as to our nimble, responsive approach to teaching that our faculty does so well:
- Oregon Tech graduates achieve over 87% graduate success, which is defined as being employed or continuing an educational path, within six months of receiving a degree. The average starting salary for an Oregon Tech graduate is $56,000 per year.
- Oregon Tech offers the nation's first bachelor's degree in Renewable Energy Engineering.
- Oregon Tech's student athletes are just that - students and athletes - with overall GPAs well above 3.0 and records of achievement in NAIA Division II, including three men's basketball championships (2004, 2008, and 2012).
- Oregon Tech has a statewide mission and presence, with campuses in Klamath Falls, Portland, Seattle and La Grande, while maintaining an admissions philosophy that encourages accessibility to higher education that is found more commonly in regional universities.
- Oregon Tech Online offers degree completion in nine majors, providing a convenient educational option for working adult students.
- We have excellent articulation and dual-enrollment agreements and opportunities with every other public university in Oregon, as well as with a total of 17 community colleges in Oregon, Washington, and California.
We welcome your inquiries, and encourage you to visit us in person. After all, education should be a highly personal, highly rewarding investment in your career. We take your success very personally at Oregon Tech and know that success is measured not just by how you fare with us, but also by how you advance in life beyond our campus community. We look forward to the opportunity to invest in your future and welcome you to the Oregon Tech family!