Oregon Tech’s Five-Year Strategic Action Plan was created in 2020. It documents goals, objectives and actions, built collectively by university stakeholders, and serves as a 5-year roadmap to guide our trajectory of student, university and community success. It builds upon previous goals and actions taken by the university, and moves the campus forward to address the changes in and challenges of higher education in the state, region and nation.
Oregon Tech Mission
Oregon Institute of Technology (“Oregon Tech”), Oregon’s polytechnic university, offers innovative, professionally-focused undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the areas of engineering, health, business, technology, and applied arts and sciences. To foster student and graduate success, the university provides a hands-on, project-based learning environment and emphasizes innovation, scholarship and applied research. With a commitment to diversity and leadership development, Oregon Tech offers statewide, public educational opportunities and technical expertise to meet current and emerging needs of Oregonians as well as other national and international constituents.
Oregon Tech Vision
Oregon Tech Values
We are guided by:
- Student Success: Prioritizing student and graduate success in every decision or action at every level of the university.
- Integrity: Adhering to the highest standards of ethical principles.
- Respect: Demonstrating high regard for one another in interactions and treating others with dignity.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion: Welcoming and empowering individuals of differing backgrounds, identities, and life experiences.
- Service: Contributing to the well-being of our university and external communities.
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for our actions and demonstrating leadership.
- Excellence: Embracing and celebrating the highest quality standards in teaching, research, and innovation.
- Confidence: Exhibiting pride and conviction in our university, our talent, and our contributions to those around us.
Four pillars support the foundation of the university’s strategic goals, objectives and actions:
PILLAR I: COMMITMENT TO STUDENT SUCCESS
Oregon Tech enhances the quality and diversity of the student experience by increasing access to and support for high quality, student-centered education, resulting in student and graduate success.
PILLAR II: COMMITMENT TO INNOVATION
Oregon Tech strives to be entrepreneurial and on the leading edge of student engagement, innovative teaching, and collaborative research.
PILLAR III: COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY
Oregon Tech is an active member of the communities that it serves. Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to contribute to their physical, professional, scholarly, and social communities via leadership and active participation through their academic and professional expertise.
PILLAR IV: COMMITMENT TO INSTITUTIONAL EXCELLENCE
Oregon Tech fosters a culture of scholarship, leadership, engagement, and institutional pride. A focus on shared vision, inclusion, and collaboration motivates members of the Oregon Tech community to achieve and celebrate excellence.