The purpose of the Bachelor's Degree Completion Outreach Program in Dental Hygiene is to prepare the graduate for career opportunities outside clinical dental hygiene such as education, public health, and business management.
Program Educational Objectives
- The program prepares the student to achieve professional growth and development.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Read and critique professional literature.
- Use evidence-based decision making to evaluate and incorporate emerging treatment modalities into dental hygiene practice.
- Participate in the various aspects of dental practice management including marketing, technology, and office production.
- Identify current and emerging issues in the profession of dental hygiene.
- Assess the need for, develop, implement and evaluate oral health care programs in their communities.
- Design and deliver instruction for undergraduate dental hygiene students.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2016-17 academic year, the Dental Hygiene faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the annual program assessment report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.