The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Electronics Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET. http://www.abet.org.
The mission of the Electronics Engineering Technology Bachelor of Science degree program is to provide a comprehensive program of instruction that will enable graduates to obtain the knowledge and skills necessary for immediate employment and continued advancement in the field of electronics.
Program Educational Objectives
- The graduates of the program will demonstrate a strong technical background as well as analytical and problem solving skills, and will contribute in a variety of technical roles within the electronics and high-tech industry. Within three years of graduation, BSEET graduates are expected to be employed as test engineers, characterization engineers, applications engineers, field engineers, hardware engineers, process engineers, and similar engineering technology positions within this industry.
- The graduates of the program will be working as effective team members with excellent oral and written communication skills, assuming technical and managerial leadership roles throughout their career.
- The graduates of the program will be committed to professional development and lifelong learning by engaging in professional and/or graduate education in order to stay current in their field and achieve continued professional growth.
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes.
- An ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy faculty formally assess the student learning outcomes summarized in the annual program assessment report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.
Program Curriculum Map
The curriculum map for the Electronics Engineering Technology program can be found on the catalog web page on the Oregon Tech website, www.oit.edu/catalog.
Annual Program Assessment Reports
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|B.S. in Electronics Engineering Technology
Enrollment & Graduate Data
|Academic Year||Total Undergraduate Enrollment (FT/PT)||Degrees Awarded|