Graduates with the Applied Mathematics Degree, a Bachelor of Science program, will have knowledge and appreciation of the breadth and depth of mathematics, including the connections between different areas of mathematics, and between mathematics and other disciplines. They will be prepared for immediate participation in the workforce or for graduate study.
Program Educational Objectives
- Apply critical thinking and communication skills to solve applied problems.
- Use knowledge and skills necessary for immediate employment or acceptance into a graduate program.
- Maintain a core of mathematical and technical knowledge that is adaptable to changing technologies and provides a solid foundation for future learning.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply mathematical concepts and principles to perform computations.
- Apply mathematics to solve problems.
- Create, use and analyze graphical representations of mathematical relationships.
- Communicate mathematical knowledge and understanding.
- Apply technology tools to solve problems.
- Perform abstract mathematical reasoning.
- Learn independently.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Mathematics faculty formally assess the student learning outcomes summarized in the annual program assessment report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.
Program Curriculum Map
The curriculum map for the Applied Mathematics program can be found on the catalog web page on the Oregon Tech website, www.oit.edu/catalog.