Oregon Tech has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
The B.S. in Accounting provides students with accounting education sufficient to enable students to be successful professionals, to pursue graduate education, and to pursue professional certification if they so choose.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the accounting program:
- Can assess and apply their strengths in accounting.
- Can distinguish themselves as effective communicators.
- Excel in problem-solving.
- Model ethical and professional behavior.
- Are prepared to pursue professional development opportunities and/or graduate education.
Department Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply core concepts in a business environment.
- Apply the legal, ethical, social, and economic environments of business in a global context.
- Contribute to the development of a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Solve business problems using decision-support tools and/or research skills.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills using a variety of delivery methods.
- Analyze business concepts and apply strategic planning skills to effect change in an integrated manner.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Integrate GAAP in financial reporting and analysis.
- Demonstrate taxation compliance and planning.
- Apply assurance concepts.
- Apply managerial accounting concepts.
Summary of Student Learning Outcomes
The Management faculty formally assess the student learning outcomes which is summarized in the annual program assessment report linked below. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.