Oregon Tech has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
The B.S. in Accounting provides students with accounting education sufficient to enable students to be successful professionals, to pursue graduate education, and to pursue professional certification if they so choose.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates can assess and apply their strengths in accounting.
- Graduates can distinguish themselves as effective communicators.
- Graduates excel in problem solving.
- Graduates model ethical and professional behavior.
- Graduates are prepared to pursue professional development opportunities and/or graduate education.
Department Student Learning Outcomes
- Communicate the major concepts in the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, information technology, and management.
- Describe the legal, social, ethical, and economic environments of business in a global context.
- Solve organization problems, individually and/or in teams, using quantitative, qualitative, and technology-enhanced approaches.
- Demonstrate professional communication and behavior.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Integrate GAAP in financial reporting and analysis.
- Demonstrate taxation compliance and planning.
- Apply assurance concepts.
- Apply managerial accounting concepts.
Summary of Student Learning Outcomes
The Management faculty formally assess the student learning outcomes which is summarized in the annual program assessment report linked below.