Oregon Tech has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
The B.S. in Business - Management option is a challenging, applicable degree program that integrates management concepts in a technical and innovative setting as required by today’s dynamic business environment. The program develops graduates with relevant skills preparing students for entry into management careers in business, government, public, or social service organizations. Industry-trained faculty translate theory to practice; advising students through the diversity of the curriculum, project-based learning, and internships. The degree serves those students that seek a personal, hands-on learning experience and the needs of the businesses that employ them.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates can assess and apply their strengths in marketing.
- Graduates can distinguish themselves as effective communicators.
- Graduates excel in problem solving.
- Graduates model ethical and professional behavior.
- Graduates are prepared to pursue professional development opportunities and/or graduate education.
Department Student Learning Outcomes
- Communicate the major concepts in the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, information technology, and management.
- Describe the legal, social, ethical, and economic environments of business in a global context.
- Solve organization problems, individually and/or in teams, using quantitative, qualitative, and technology-enhanced approaches.
- Demonstrate professional communication and behavior.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Manage people, processes, and resources within a diverse organization.
- Apply knowledge of leadership concepts in an integrated manner.
- Analyze the internal/external factors affecting a business/organization to evaluate business opportunities.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Management faculty formally assess the student learning outcomes which is summarized in the annual program assessment report linked below.