Oregon Tech has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)
The B.S. in Cybersecurity is designed to produce graduates that will be ready to enter the workforce as entry-level cybersecurity practitioners, analysts, and penetration testers. Students will be exposed to the fundamentals of computer organization and architecture, operation systems, network routing and switching, and database management, along with specialized courses in cyber defense operations, vulnerability scanning and reporting, cyber incident response, and information system risk management.
Program Educational Objectives
The Bachelor of Cybersecurity degree objectives is to:
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to competently scan, assess, report, and mitigate cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits on information systems and technology.
- Meet business learning outcomes.
- Meet the cybersecurity core outcomes.
Department Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply core concepts in a business environment.
- Apply the legal, ethical, social, and economic environments of business in a global context.
- Contribute to the development of a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Solve business problems using decision-support tools and/or research skills.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills using a variety of delivery methods.
- Analyze business concepts and apply strategic planning skills to effect change in an integrated manner.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, Cybersecurity graduates will be able to:
- Describe the tactics, techniques, and procedures used throughout the vulnerability assessment process.
- Evaluate risk in information systems and apply mitigation techniques to reduce the impact on business operations.
- Perform information system vulnerability scanning and report findings.
- Identify information system exploits and apply proper incident response.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Management faculty formally assess the student learning outcomes which is summarized in the annual program assessment report linked below. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.
Program Curriculum Map
The curriculum map for the Cybersecurity program can be found on the catalog web page on the Oregon tech website, www.oit.edu/catalog.