Oregon Tech has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
The Information Technology degree provides students with the foundation necessary to solve and/or provide innovative solutions or opportunities for businesses using information technologies, and lifelong learning practices in the field of Information Technology.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates of the IT Degree can assess and apply their strengths in marketing.
- Graduates of the IT Degree can distinguish themselves as effective communicators.
- Graduates of the IT Degree excel in problem solving.
- Graduates of the IT Degree model ethical and professional behavior.
- Graduates of the IT Degree are prepared to pursue professional development opportunities and/or graduate education.
Department Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply core concepts in a business environment.
- Apply the legal, ethical, social, and economic environments of business in a global context.
- Contribute to the development of a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Solve business problems using decision-support tools and/or research skills.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills using a variety of delivery methods.
- Analyze business concepts and apply strategic planning skills to effect change in an integrated manner.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Solve business problems though the use of information systems and technology.
- Design and implement information systems.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Management faculty formally assess the student learning outcomes which is summarized in the annual program assessment report linked below. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.