Oregon Tech has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
Program Educational Objectives
- The Operations Management degree program prepares students for graduate school programs such as the MBA or the MIM.
- The Operations Management degree program prepares students for supervisory positions in organizations, including for-profit organizations, non-profit organizations, and government organizations.
- The Operations Management degree program prepares students for M.A.T. programs and future careers in high school education.
- The Operations Management degree program develops skills in problem solving, project management, communication, and managing effectively in team-based work environments, and prepares students for employment within a wide variety of service and product industries.
Department Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply core concepts in a business environment.
- Apply the legal, ethical, social, and economic environments of business in a global context.
- Contribute to the development of a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Solve business problems using decision-supported tools and/or research skills.
- Demonstrate professional communication and behavior using a variety of delivery methods.
- Analyze business concepts and apply strategic planning skills to effect change in an integrated manner.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of fundamental concepts of operations management.
- Apply knowledge of approaches to operational performance improvement.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Management faculty formally assess the student learning outcomes which is summarized in the annual program assessment report linked below.