Oregon Tech has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Technology and Management degree program prepares students for advancement into supervisory and managerial positions in their technical career field and for admission to graduate study in management, education and law.
Program Educational Objectives
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Technology and Management degree produces graduates with a strong foundation in:
- Fundamentals of management and supervision.
- Critical thinking necessary for managerial success.
- Communication and teamwork.
- Project management theory and applications.
- Professional ethics and social responsibility.
- Technical skills needed to lead organizations in the digital age.
Department Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply core concepts in a business environment.
- Apply the legal, ethical, social, and economic environments of business in a global context.
- Contribute to the development of a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Solve business problems using decision-support tools and/or research skills.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills using a variety of delivery methods.
- Analyze business concepts and apply strategic planning skills to effect change in an integrated manner.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, Technology and Management graduates will be able to apply knowledge of approaches to operational performance improvement.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Management faculty formally assess the student learning outcomes which is summarized in the annual program assessment report linked below. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.