The purpose of the program is to prepare students for advancement and additional career opportunities within their fields.
Program Educational Objectives
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking abilities in order to assess and analyze, concepts, principles, research, clinical findings, and technologies; and evaluate outcomes in order to apply them to professional practice.
- Analyze, interpret, and respond to the major factors influencing healthcare delivery and healthcare policy.
- List and demonstrate basic administration/management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate quality in working as educators, team players and/or leaders in academic, clinical, or community healthcare settings.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- To prepare allied health practitioners to analyze, interpret, communicate and respond to the major factors influencing health, healthcare policy and healthcare leadership.
- To prepare allied health practitioners with administration/management skills including financial skills, accountability, collaboration, building relationships, organizational development, self-confidence and leadership skills.
- To prepare allied health practitioners to function as educators and/or leaders in academic, clinical, or community healthcare settings.
- To prepare allied health practitioners to be critical and innovative thinkers able to analyze concepts, principles, research, clinical findings, technologies, outcomes and apply them to professional practice including strategic orientation.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2016-17 academic year, the Medical Imaging Technology faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the annual program assessment report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.