The Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET, Inc., http://www.abet.org. ABET is a specialized accrediting board recognized by the Council for Higher Education and/or the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
The mission of the Manufacturing Engineering Technology Master of Science Degree program is to produce engineering graduates with an advanced technical education that allows them to take on leadership roles in globally competitive manufacturing industries.
Program Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the program are to:
- Provide manufacturing and non-manufacturing engineers with advanced technical and managerial skills that allow them to be the leaders in manufacturing industries.
- Expand graduates' expertise through industry-based applied research, lab-based design and analysis.
- Strengthen graduates' ability to work productively in a global manufacturing environment.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
The graduates of the Master of Science Degree program in Manufacturing Engineering Technology must demonstrate:
- The ability to solve engineering problems using science and design technology.
- The ability to integrate current computer tools for use in solving manufacturing problems.
- The ability to use advanced manufacturing methods and materials to improve current manufacturing processes using a variety of tools, such as: product life cycle management, quality and inventory control, and planning techniques.
- The ability to incorporate business, financial and management tools to improve manufacturing processes.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2016-17 academic year, the Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the annual program report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.
Program Curriculum Map
The curriculum map for the Manufacturing Engineering Technology program can be found on the catalog web page on the Oregon Tech website, www.oit.edu/catalog.