Provide services to Oregon Tech's Student Support Services (SSS) eligible participants to significantly increase their academic achievement, retention, and graduation rates.
This Student Support Services Project is federally funded at $294,380 annually. Our objectives for the 2020-2025 grant cycle are:
- Eight-one percent (81%) of participants served by the SSS Project will persist from one academic year to beginning of the next academic year or graduate.
- Ninety-one percent (91%) of all enrolled participants served will meet the performance level required to stay in good academic standing at Oregon Tech (2.0 cumulative Oregon Tech GPA)
- Fifty-one percent (51%) of new participants served each year graduated within six years.
- Comprehensive one-on-one academic, personal, and career advising.
- One-on-one and small group tutoring services in conjunction with the Tutoring Center.
- Varied workshops covering test-taking strategies, study skills, career selection, time management, money issues, etc.
- Student Success Seminars (ACAD 207) specifically designed for TOP students.
- Development of academic and personal goals.
- Regular meetings/ongoing support with an Academic Specialist.
- Midterm assessments completed each term by all TOP participants in their first year.
- September Bridge Orientation to College Program for Residence Hall students.
- Limited grant funding for qualified students.
- Financial literacy skill development.
- Comprehensive assessments (study skills inventory)
- Development of Personal Success Plan
- Orientation sessions to TOP Program
- Study Lounge
- Support with verifying a major, career exploration
- Sense of community
- Sense of academic competence