Your personal essay is an opportunity for you to tell us about yourself, your interest in becoming a marriage and family therapist and why Oregon Tech's MS MFT program is a good fit for you. It's also an opportunity for you to demonstrate your writing skills.
In a personal essay of no more than 1500 words, using APA format, please address the following:
- Who are you? How have your life experiences shaped you?
- Why do you want to become a marriage and family therapist? Why now?
- Why is Oregon Tech's MFT program of interest to you?
- What are your academic strengths and challenges? Discuss your skills as an active critical learner, your ability to write, and your ability to participate in experiential learning.
- How do you want to contribute to the field upon completing your degree?