- Application form
- Official Transcripts
- GRE scores (Waived for 2021 application process due to COVID-19)
- Personal Essay
- MSABA Letter of Recommendation
- Application Fee
Submit all application materials by email or mail
Address:Office of Admissions
Oregon Institute of Technology
3201 Campus Drive
Klamath Falls, OR 97601-8801
Applicants to the MS-ABA program at Oregon Tech shall meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution in Psychology or a related field.
- GPA: Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and 3.0 for the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester) credits of coursework.
- Undergraduate Coursework: A grade of B or better in General Psychology, Research Methods, and Statistics.
- Academic Standing: Be in good academic standing at last college or university attended.
- GRE Scores (Waived for 2021 application process due to COVID-19): Graduate Record Examination scores for Verbal Reasoning at 150, for Quantitative Reasoning at 141, and for Analytical Writing at 3.5. GRE scores over five years old are not accepted.
- Personal Statement: Applicants will be required to write a statement that addresses career goals and relevance to the program, evidence of aptitude for graduate work and evidence of potential for success in the field [see “How to Write a Personal Statement” below].
- Reference Letters: Applicants to the program will be required to provide three letters of reference (at least one academic and one professional) that address the applicant’s preparation, abilities, and character.
- Resume: Graduate School Application Resume Example.
- Background Check: Due to the sensitive nature of this program in regards to work with children and/or vulnerable populations, applicants must pass a criminal background check such as that conducted by the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS).
The desired format for your statement is no more than two pages in length, double-spaced, in a 12-point font with reasonable margins.
Your personal statement is a concise, distinctive, and interesting essay that introduces you, your objectives, and your accomplishments to the admissions team. Avoid clichés and use of adjectives without explanation. For example, it is assumed that you are honest and hardworking since you are applying to a graduate degree program. Instead, use concrete examples that exemplify your own personal characteristics that would help you stand out from a crowd of other honest and hardworking students.
Your statement should have three general sections, an opening paragraph, 2-3 paragraphs that describe your qualifications and what you would bring to the program, and a closing paragraph. Your opening paragraph should include your reasons for pursuing graduate study in general and this program specifically. Discuss the factors that influenced your decisions and your experiences and personal qualities that distinguish you from other applicants. This is the place to discuss, with examples, your ability and capacity to develop ideas and see them through to completion.
In the next few paragraphs you will address your qualifications. Please respond to the following in these paragraphs:
- Explain why you chose Applied Behavior Analysis as your field of study including your academic, professional, or volunteer background and how it has led you to pursue this field of study.
- Discuss any accomplishments or research/professional projects you have worked on or performed independently including the name of your supervisor or professor under whom you performed this work.
- Discuss other relevant experiences that have prepared you for graduate study such as jobs, leadership positions at your college/university, awards or honors, community activities, etc.
- Briefly address, without making excuses for, any discrepancies or shortcomings in your academic history, such as a reason for a lower GPA in one term or year.
Finally, you will close your statement with a summary statement of your perceived qualifications and your view of why you will be successful in graduate school. Make sure to include a description of your ability to contribute meaningfully to this program as well as how this program will help you to achieve your goals.